We enjoy the challenge that doing your taxes brings us and get satisfaction getting you back the largest refund legally allowed.
Dear Valued Customer,
The Tax Man Cometh as usual! Our Letters are back too! We would like to thank you for your past business. We heard what you our customers said and have added additional phone lines so you will get to talk to staff more expeditiously.
We specialize in the following:
- Quick turn around on your taxes. New this year. In more than half of cases we can give you a pickup time for your taxes when you drop off.
- Fees can be deducted from your refund.
- Need your money faster? REFUND ADVANCES OF $1000 ARE MOST LIKELY BACK EVEN THOUGH IRS WILL NOT BE ISSUING EIC REFUNDS UNTIL AFTER FEBRUARY 15th.
- Please Bring Property Taxes and Taxable Value if you own home. Additional charge if not provided.
- 1040EZ’s to 1040 Long Forms completed. Personal and small business.
- Bring proof of medical coverage for Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. (Obamacare). There are some credits available for those paying for their own health insurance. Bring proof of payments.
- Home Heating, Earned Income Credit. Property Taxes All possible deductions taken.
- We take into consideration ALL the changes for 2016 in both State and Federal Taxes.
- Refer a Friend or Relative and receive a discount providing they use us for their taxes.
- See the attached deduction sheet as there has been a lot of changes.
- Please bring your drivers licenses in when you come for your appointment.
- Dependents social security #’s. Must bring dependent’s SS card to process taxes as well as PROOF OF ADDRESS (school records, doctor bills, FOC, or social services documentation or Landlord letter. Only need one document per child. This is needed for those who are Single/Head of Household $30,000 or Married and make less than $40,000.
The IRS under normal conditions, with the possible exception of the Earned Income Credit recipients, will have your refund check to you within two weeks providing you file by February 15, 2017. (One week if electronically filed and direct deposited!)
John & Kathleen Elms/Owners
J & K Enterprises Accounting Service L.L.C.
2016 Tax Information Sheet
Information that may effect your Tax Liability, and Itemized Return:
- Mortgage interest, points, or property taxes. Mortgage Insurance is also deductible.
- Medical Expenses and a new Cobra Health Insurance Credit. Bring proof of medical coverage for Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)
- Alimony/child support
- Charitable contribution (monetary/physical) list date, Charity Name and amount
- Tax preparation fee and safety deposit box rental fee
- Moving expenses if you have moved more than 50 miles
- Job related educational, or unreimbursed job expenses
- IRA/401K contributions (ask how to increase these) May have a retro benefit.
- Child care for dependent(s)
- Personal property taxes (tags on automobile or other recreational vehicles.
- Excessive property loss due to disaster. Storm damage may be deductible
- Refinance/home improvement loans mortgage interest
- Union dues/professional subscriptions
- Michigan Homestead/Home Heating PENSIONS ALSO TAXABLE IN MANY CASES.
- Personal business or rental gains and losses. (ask for info sheets)
- Clean fuel rebate certain heating units for your home
- Gambling losses if you had gambling winnings
- Capital gains/losses on stock sales.
- Expenses related to finding a new job
- Tuition and BOOKS and interest paid on Student Loans part of deduction is now refundable. This has been extended. Also please bring info about grants or scholarships.
- Sales Tax on major purchases (appliances, car, etc.)
- Refinance cost on new home loans (in some cases)
- Energy Eficient Credit for geothermal or wind turbine changes and also some energy efficient improvements
- Don’t forget debt forgiveness or foreclosure paperwork
- If you have more than $2500 in interest, capital gain, dividend income and you have non taxable dividends these might be taxable now
- Need receipts for rent paid or letter signed by landlord confirming rent paid.
- There are some credits available for those paying for their own health insurance. Bring proof of payments.
Information needed from ALL Taxpayers and Dependents:
- Date of birth – ID & SS card
- Copy of last years return if available if you are a new client
- W-2’s, 1099’s or interest income from bank accounts/investments last pay stub
- Dependents social security #’s. Must bring dependent’s SS card to process taxes as well as PROOF OF ADDRESS (school records, doctor bills, FOC, or social services docs. NEED EVERY YEAR.
- Voided Check if would like direct deposit.
- Did you have any social security, unemployment, or jury duty income?
- Taxable value, property taxes pd. (remember there are 2 of these) Bring Bills